Saturday, June 9, 2007

Peter - Carepages - June 9th, 2007


Peter is ONE month old today!! I have so many mixed emotions hitting this milestone...fortunately my friend Linda got me out of the hospital for a few minutes to get a celebratory Starbucks!! Peter gave me a scare this morning as he dropped his saturation rates into the 40's for about half hour. I had complete flashback to 10 days ago - I felt my body tense and the tears well up in my eyes. Since then he has been all over the board, but seems more stable. Thank God! I could not have handled another day like "smurf Thursday"!! Peter did a great job eating today - taking all but 20ml's orally for me over 4 feedings. Two feedings he actually drank more than he needed...yeah Peter! Cardiology came by today and they were happy with him again. I swear he loves the cardiologists - especially now that he has women. He can sense when they are within 100 feet of the ICC because he perks up and becomes the perfect patient. What a charmer! Still planning on having our meeting on Monday. He didn't gain weight yesterday - but he didn't loose either. I looked at his growth chart and it is pretty flat. Neonatology said he sounded good this morning - so fingers crossed no more scares this weekend and we can just enjoy even more snuggle time. He really is a cuddly little snuggle boy! I can also say he likes the color blue. He stares at my blue shirt, and any time someone wearing blue walks by, he tracks them until they are out of sight. Hoping to have Grandma and Grandpa visit tomorrow, and then Papa (John) on Monday. If you are in the 'hood, please stop by and say hi! Hope you all are having a wonderful, blessed, and relaxing weekend. HUGS! catherine





No comments: