Monday, June 25, 2007

Peter - Carepages - June 25th, 2007

Peter's heart surgery has been scheduled for next Monday (July 2nd) at 8:30am in Children's Hospital (Denver). We saw our Cardiologist Dr. Duster on Friday. He tested Peter as I mentioned, and the good news is Peter still appears to be very "reactive" - meaning his pulmonary hypertension responds to oxygen. This is good! However, as I mentioned previously, he is concerned about it becoming fixed (permanent) if not aggressively treated. This requires his heart to be repaired. In many cases the heart repair is all that is needed, in some cases intensive oxygen therapy is required. The reality of the situation is hitting me like a ton of bricks. I've wanted to have Peter's heart fixed, but honestly I am now scared. I know God has a plan for little Peter, and that whatever happens, he will be the loving arms of Christ. But, my heart aches at the thought of how physically hard this will be for Peter and the risks associated with the surgery and his recovery. I ask that you continue to pray for Peter - his heart, lungs, recovery, feeding and any other little part of him in need of a miracle. John and I have learned that miracles come in all shapes and sizes, and that Peter's miracle of healing may be at the hands of surgeons...God answers our prayers in His own way! Keeping this short for now, but will update as soon as we have more information. We now need to figure out what we are doing with the three boys at home, etc. Thank you again for all your prayers, words of encouragement, wonderful gifts and yummy meals! love, John & Catherine

No comments: