Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Peter - Carepage - August 6th, 2008

Have you checked out the new carepages? Well, honestly not sure how I feel about the changes to the carepages. They look cool, but I feel like I've lost some tools I had before....maybe I'm getting too old to keep up with technology. I've been shopping around for cell phones and I can't understand all the lingo on the websites - I think I really am getting old, and my kids will realize I am not a "cool mom"....oh well!

Peter is doing well. We still have issues on and off with him puking for no apparent reason. Not as bad as before, but still, a bit concerning. He's in a good mood and just as loving as usual - so that always makes us feel great! John and I are trying to figure out how to move to the next level with foods....he's so sensitive we have to be careful - he'll force himself to puke if you put something he doesn't like in his mouth - like mashed potatoes! We are also going to try and get some flavorless thickners so that we can introduce apple juice or something other than milk. Poor kids has to be tired of yogurt, applesauce, green beans and sweet potatoes. Will keep you posted!

Exciting news is that Peter is going to participate in a study at University of Denver. The Fisher Learning Center is doing studies on children with special needs - and providing FREE assessments. Given the hell I have gone through over the last year and a half since I moved to a PPO plan - the idea of getting something that will not include an insurance claim is just wonderful. Peter and I are headed up on Friday. In the morning they will do a "play" evaluation, and then in the afternoon a formal study/evaluation. I just want to get a third party perspective on where we are and where we are headed with Peter. I don't want to look back and say "if only we had known...". While each child is different - I am excited to have some "experts" give us constructive feedback on what we can include in Peter's daily activities to allow him to reach his greatest potential. I'll keep you posted and let you know how it goes.

On the down side - Peter and I will no longer be going to Florida as hoped. The challenges of figuring out oxygen transport in a short period of time left us few options and lots of cost. So, we are hoping instead to go to Peru after Christmas and spend some time with my parents. I haven't seen my classmates from San Silvestre in 12 years - so really hoping to see my friends!!

Good night to all - as usual thank you for all your support.
Love, catherine

No comments: