Sunday, August 17, 2008

Peter - Carepage - August 17th, 2008

WHAT A WEEKEND!




Oh my goodness....ever have one of those weekends where it feels like everything happens?? Well, Peter had one of those weekends - in a very good way. So let's hit the highlights!!
First, and all you chocolate-loving women out there will appreciate it (and men) - Peter LOVES brownies!! No baby switching in the hospital - he is my son. I am sure as soon as he learns to drink from a straw he will be downing Frappucinos with me - just like Tommy and Jack. And if he follows in Jack's footsteps at all he will learn to tell the nice ladies at Starbucks "ladies....I think I'm in the mood for a mocha"! Priceless!! Not only is exciting that Peter accepted a flavor and enjoyed it - but that he accepted a new texture which he gummed and then swallowed. He did the same with bits of bread. The light at the end of the tunnel of eating issues seems to be getting bigger. Since my home cooked baby food was a hit and miss with Peter - we have been single-handedly financing the baby food company on sweet potatoes and green bean jars. Yeah Peter!!

Second, Peter made huge strides in his mobility and attempts to pull/push up. Our family room has a ledge about 5-6 inches high into the kitchen. Not only did Peter partially pull up on it, he was able to push himself up and into the kitchen. Beware of the Peter Bear! This morning I found him in his crib holding on to the rail and trying to figure out how to pull up. While he hadn't figured out how to get on his knees, or the strength to get completely up, he had part of his upper body over the rail - so time to lower the mattress....how exciting!! And as if that weren't enough - Peter got up on all fours tonight and awful close to crawling on all fours. His legs knew what to do but his arms weren't there yet. And to make it even funnier, he kept his head down with the top resting on the floor so as to give himself extra support staying up....if he had moved forward he would have given himself rug burn on his forehead. Crawling, standing and walking suddenly seems much closer and that is so exciting! Maybe Peter will beat the odds and walk before his second birthday (we have till May)!

Last, but by no means least - Peter is no longer a scraggly haired baby - but now a respectible young little boy! Peter got a hair cut today. You know how most kids cry, scream and wiggle during the first dreaded yet highly anticipated first haircut? well, Peter wiggled but other than that was the picture of happiness. He wiggled around keeping his hair stylist Roberta on her feet, but he was laughing and smiling and doing his special scrunchy face. By the time she was done doing her magic Peter was transformed from a baby to a little boy. He lost his little curls at the nape of his neck - but he now looks so much like Michael, Jack and Tommy did at that age. I told him he's HOT! And he knows it!!

Hope to see you at the buddy walk on Saturday!!

Love,catherine

"I hear I am in for a little pampering today!....a TOTAL MAKE OVER!!"


"....oh yeah.... a boy like me deserves some serious loving....."


".....ahhhhh!!!!! what did I sign up for today??"



"....did I misunderstand 'prodded' for 'pampered'?? I'm so confused!"



"....uhhh....ahh.....starting to get it now....no pain no gain - a boy needs to be strong to become a MAN"




"...yep....I knew it....she knows I'm special!...after all my t-shirt did spell it out"




"DUDE - the mohawk is back!....stylin'!!"






"....I think I'm done - let's blow this joint..."






"so Sis - I'm I hot or what??!!"

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I absolutely love the new haircut. He looks so grown up! The pictures with the story are priceless. You do have a hot little man on your hands!!!!
Thad had fun with his buddy Peter last night!