Sunday, February 1, 2009

Catching up with January

Where did the last 3 weeks go?? My goodness.... unbelievable that Peter and I got home three weeks ago this upcoming Monday. Things have been non-stop go since then!! And suffice to say the proof is in the laundry. If I don't do at least a load a day I am messed up - and I have not done a load a day.... so right now I am battling Mt. of Dirty Clothes!!

So to catch up for January.....

a) PERU - I miss it so much!! The food, my friends, my parents, the beach, the sound of the ocean, the warmth....home! Peter and I both had a great time and really could have used a few more days there. My last day there - the day of my planned launch off the side of a cliff attached to a parachute did not happen, there was no wind. So we shall save that for next time.  I am going to attach photos tonight even if I am up till midnight!

b) Michael's birthday - our man is double digits of one - I can't believe he is 11, and to me a spitting image of John in every way. I was glad to be home to celebrate, even if still worn out from the trip. Michael picked Carraba's for dinner - a family favorite. Of course, we left with a collection of pizza dough creatures. 

c) Ice Fishing - the weekend of MLK, John went on his annual ice fishing trip to the Gunnison area. John has been doing this pretty much since we moved to Colorado - but this was the first year Michael went with him. They headed out on Friday afternoon and fished Saturday and Sunday. While John was skunked (did NOT catch a thing!) Michael was more successful actually catching the biggest fish one day - way to go Michael!! They did stay up an extra day this year, and on Monday went skiing - first time for the season. I think Michael came back with a bruised behind, but enjoyed every minute of his weekend with John. 

I stayed in the Springs with Alexandra, Jack, Tommy and Peter. They were wonderful. My relax came when I met my friend Anne for Starbucks and we spent hours walking through the shops checking out all the sale items.... it was glorious!! The kids and I worked on some projects around this house, had too many trips to Wal-Mart, but ended the weekend with a fun afternoon at the zoo.... it was HOT!!

d) Michael - basketball season has started. Michael really enjoys the sport and it really gives him an opportunity to bond with some of his classmates. The first game was even attended by three of the girls as impromptu cheerleaders..... the boys won't admit it, but I think they liked the attention. 

Aside from that, we have been running around like crazy. Work is hectic, school is hectic, and schedules are hectic. Last night we enjoyed dinner with a family who received a pre-natal diagnosis - just like we did with Peter. I think we've made new friends! I really enjoyed their company, and looking forward to meeting their little girl when she comes into the world about a month or so from now. Tomorrow I start back up with the Colorado Springs Down Syndrome Association - and back into figuring out how to improve the opportunities for our kids. Our "Fostering Hope" group from church just got a new family to support - so I must brush off my casserole recipes and start mass producing meals again. I hope they enjoy them as much as the last family did. So, I can see 2009 will continue to fly into full swing. This being Alexandra's last year at Corpus Christi also presents new experiences for us. 

I hear the dryer beeping.... another load should be ready! I am going to cut this off for now and attach pictures shortly. 

God bless, 
Catherine

ps. My friends in Peru talked me into Facebook....so if you are out there look me up! I could always use a new friend!!  John is also out there - in case you prefer to be his friend :-) 

No comments: