Sunday, February 1, 2009

Peru pictures... finally!

About 2am and we are leaving the airport. Our flight to Lima was delayed and we are tired!


Good morning Lima!!



Monday we slept in and then went out walking through Miraflores for over 5 hours....it was great to see all my old spots. 



...and new spots - here is Peter at Starbucks with my mom! He can play with a green straw for hours!!



Outside my old school - San Silvestre. It's changed from the big old wooden doors I used to walk through. I hope next time I can go inside and find those spots with so many fond memories. 



Tuesday we loaded up and headed down to the beach house in the afternoon.....



Introducing Peter to the Pacific Ocean..... I forgot how loud it is for someone seeing it for the first time. I was like music to my ears that washed every last ounce of stress away. I even slept with the window open - so that I could fall asleep to it and wake up to it. I didn't realize just how much I missed the crashing waves. 


Wednesday morning was beautiful!! You can see it islands right off the coast that look like a stone whale.



... had breakfast with Grandaddy and then headed down for the morning at the beach

Then we headed down to the hot spot of "Asia" beach so that I could have my most yummy chicken in the world at the "Granja Azul"



We got home late to just enjoyed cheese, crackers and a glass of wine while watching the night waves roll in


Thursday we enjoyed our last day at the beach.... Peter enjoyed digging the sand and putting shells in and out of the tub.  Then we headed back to Lima where I got together with some friends. 


Friday.... Granny's big birthday!! We started off with lunch at Punta y Sal restaurant - oh yummy yummy cebiche. 


The birthday party at the Phoenix club! Granny looked great - she was serenaded by Mariachis that she loves - but of course having Peter there was the best gift...


Saturday we did my tourist shopping - the enjoyed another of my favorite dishes for dinner - anticuchos with an Inca Kola, with picarones for dessert.


The we took a bus tour of down town Lima at night, and visited the biggest water fountain park in the world....


 Sunday did a bit more shopping before catching the midnight flight back to Colorado Springs





Good night Lima......  good morning Colorado!!




3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh how beautiful!! I want to be there... in the warm sunshine, with the crashing waves, and clean uncrowded beaches. That last picture of Colorado was depressing. :) How fun you got to go with Peter! What a great experience for him. Hope all is well for you guys!

Mindy said...

I loved the pictures! Peter looked so good on the beach!!!

Belle said...

Hi Krause Family!
What a nice and well deserved vacation! I enjoyed the pics! Peter looked like he enjoyed the beach. Take Care and Welcome Back