Monday, November 24, 2008

Peter - CarePage - November 24th, 2008

Sleep Study Results

Well, good news and bad news....

Bad news first - Peter did NOT pass his sleep study. The goal was for him to be in the 90's at least 90% of the time. He didn't make this. He did drop into the 80's but according to the results was pretty much 88 or 89 and then back up into the 90's - so that was close.

Good news- Peter was in the 90's 77% of the time. This is so much more than I expected!! I honestly thought it was in the 80's at least 50% or more of the time. So I am actually pleasantly surprised. They said they could push it given he was so close, but it was not what the recommended. Since he so recently got over the pulmonary hypertension they didn't want to stress out his little system and put him back. I admit, I am actually relieved to have him on oxygen for a little longer - just get us through some of the bad winter months. I'm hoping to schedule an echo for January to ensure all is still good with being off during the day. And then another overnight study in February. Peter is starting to get a little noisy at night - so we may end up having to do a full blown sleep study to see if he's developing sleep apnea/airway obstruction.

Other news - as the kids have been proclaiming - "we got yoked". On the back of both cars we have DS awareness ribbons. Today was one of the mornings..... I've been working on "forgiveness" lately and today decided to pray for an increase in the virtues of forgiveness and patience. Well, I was tested before I even left the house. Not a good thing. Alexandra decided way too late that she had homework to print out - so you can see where this was going. We were way late getting out the door! The car was frosted up so a challenge getting out of the drive way especially since I had to drive into the glare. But, there, on the back of the van was a splattered egg very evidently aimed at our DS ribbon. Oh dear God - can I just get out of the drive way before being tested?? I didn't do so good. But then I was sad.... what was going through their mind? who? someone I see every day who snuck over at night to yoke us? Deep breathing!! Like I said - I am still working on patience and forgiveness and a long way from mastering it.

Peter had another play date today! If only my social live was as active as his!! I was so excited to meet a very nice lady named Patsy a few weeks ago. We have a lot in common - including telecommuting jobs, wanting to be good moms, and blessed with beautiful children and DS. Her house was like mini-Disneyland. Every conceivable toy in their living room and dinning room - now a large play room. I think Peter had a good time, but I had a great time!! Tommy came along and was excited to make a new friend and have tons of toys to play with.... for the first time the "I'm leaving now" didn't prompt him out the door - he was too excited about the toys. I finally had to carry him out. We are hosting a play date at our home a week from Saturday. The following weekend we have the CSDSA Christmas party. I'm excited to have Advent start - so seems like so many things to look forward to this month. Alexandra turns 14 in a couple of weeks....yikes! where does the time go??


     

We are headed out to South Dakota tomorrow..... as John likes to say "over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house we go...". We will be spending Thanksgiving with a large portion of John's immediate family. The kids are very anxious to see their cousins. But even more so to see Uncle Bob!! Uncle Bob has a GPS and takes them treasure hunting.... oh bless dear Bob if he forgets the GPS because the kids would likely cry the whole time we are there. Anyway... hoping for a few great day after Thanksgivings sales - although fortunately our shopping is done - so no pressure.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I know I have much to be thankful for!!

Love,

catherine  


1 comment:

Mindy said...

Peter looks so cute in that picture! I'm sorry you got yoked. The best thing to do is to pray for the person who did it. It's sad that someone would do that and stoop to that level. Have a great Thanksgiving!