Monday, October 20, 2008

Peter - CarePage - October 20th, 2008

Sarah is back!!

  

For those of you following the Carepages for a while - you will remember that when Peter first came home, his physical therapist was Sarah Gaw. About a year ago Sarah, her husband Matt and their little boy Campbell moved to the Ukraine. Sarah & Matt work with an organization called Global Action based out of Colorado Springs. This organization provides non-denominational Christian support in countries all around the world. We had an opportunity to see them last weekend which was wonderful! They shared with us their experiences in the Ukraine - a very far cry from the life here in the US. They work in an area called Crimea and shared with pictures of the kids they have worked with there. Living at a camp called Hope Center, they have spent almost a year ministering and caring for very poor and orphaned children. It is clear that these children desperately need help! In addition to their daily work with children, they offer four summer camps where for 10 days these children can escape their daily struggles. For these short 10 days they have clean accommodations, they are kept safe, fed and clothed. It is a dedicated team of staff members and volunteers that give these children hope, and exemplify the love of Christ. If you would like more information on this remarkable ministry, or would like to consider joining or supporting Sarah and Matt you can reach them any one of these ways: mgaw@global-act.org www.global-act.org or www.coloradogaws.blogspot.com. These really are two remarkable young people that will make the difference in the lives of children that so desperately need it. Please keep them in your prayers as they journey back to Ukraine in the new year to do what many of us dream, but only few of us actually do - sacrifice our lives to serve others!

I did attach some new pictures of Peter with Sarah and Matt. You'll also see a pic of Peter with a early morning mohawk. I do promise to take some newer pictures of Peter tube-less and get them posted. John and I took the plunge and finally got a new computer. We switched teams and went with a Mac computer. So far I LOVE it!! I am still learning so bare with me as I master my new technology and get back on track with updates and pictures. I'm having a bit of a hard time getting things copied over to the blog - so that is outdated at this time - but I am sure I'll figure it out.

Speaking of tubeless Peter....I must confess....I felt like the worse mom ever. Peter was in the family room playing - I was trying to do too much all at the same time. I ran upstairs, downstair, outside, inside and in circles....then a panic attack kicked in. I could hear Peter but I could not find Peter! I called his name and he squawked back. For the first time in 17 months he didn't have a tube I could follow up find him. He had worked himself around the back of the couch and was just having a ball playing hide-n-seek!! No fair!! I'm thinking little mobile-leave-no-trail Peter needs to have a GPS put on him because he is loving to hide from me. After John and I set up the new computer late Friday, Peter hid under the desk. And he was playing peek-a-boo....at least this time he was popping his head out and laugh when I said "where's Peter".....it was so cute seeing his little platinum blonde head pop in and out and in and out from under the desk.

Now, confession time...again. I really need you guys to keep praying for Peter. I guess without the echo at the end of the month and the blessing from Dr. Duster I am still nervous that this is all too good to be true. Afraid that somehow for some reason this blessing will be taken away and Peter will have to go back on oxygen. I am so elated that he is free! (during the day at least) - but this little bit of me is still fearful and uncertain. He looks great, acts great, is having fun - so I feel bad for doubting this miracle. I am probably making no sense at all! So, since it is very late and I am very tired - I am just asking you to continue to pray for Peter and for us. It is so great to have Peter off oxygen during the day - I just don't want to screw it up and have to constrain him again.

Oh, oh, oh.....and on a different note - Peter, oh master of the yogurt bites, is having a great time self feeding and is awful close to wanting to do the spoon.....we are getting their slowly but surely!

Ok - need to go snuggle a very tired Peter.

Love,
catherine

No comments: