Monday, August 24, 2009

Echo & Buddy Walk Updates.

It is late, and I am tired.....so no long stories or pictures tonight. My back is sore from taking laundry up and down the stairs....with so many of us it is quite the daily project!! Anyway good news, and great news. Good news - Buddy Walk was this weekend. A huge THANK YOU to all of you who supported us - we really do appreciate each of you!! And of course huge appreciation for Adam, Mindy and little Thad who have joined us each year. First year Mindy was pregnant, last year Thad was a wee one, and this year he was a walker!! We were also joined by my parents - and I think for them it was awesome and overwhelming to see the sheer volume of people who come out to support DS awareness. The weather was perfect again - and we had a great time! Great news - Peter finally had his follow up echo today. Following two bad echos there was a lot of pressure on the one today. Sort of that crossroads for him medically. I didn't realize how stressed I was until I was on work calls ahead of his appointment and could barely talk because I so desperately wanted to cry. It was however as if Peter knew how it would go because he was full of smiles and laughter the whole ride down. The echo took about 3 times longer than normal, followed by and EKG and regular stats reporting. But, after the eternity of tests the outcome was positive. Peter's pulmonary pressures are once again normal. Not only that, but Dr. Duster said this was the best he has EVER seen or heard Peter. He felt very optimistic - so much so that he doesn't want to do a re-check for 9 to 12 months - and hope he won't see us over the winter if Peter gets sick. Not sure I'm ready to go that long with out Dr. Duster .... but we will try! Anyway - Alexandra was hogging the computer on homework, and I wanted to get the update out. Promise to post pictures soon - but I need to get to bed. Almost 21 weeks along now and Lord knows baby and I need a bit more sleep than we are getting. Love to all - thank you for all your prayers - God continues to give us miracles through Peter!! catherine

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Yeah Peter!!!! We are so happy his echo went well.