Friday, December 5, 2008

Alexandra's Spy Story - Part I

So I have decided that Alexandra has a talent for writing! She says she doesn't enjoy it, but she can whip fun to read stories or articles in just a matter of minutes. She had to write a short story for school - a spy adventure. Read below for part one - can't wait to read the next part myself!! Maybe Alexandra will add author to her future dreams - pediatrician, actress and author!! Enjoy - catherine


 

Not again,” thought James. He was strapped to a chair and the bomb right next to him was about to go off. You may be wondering what the reason was for James being in this predicament. Well, it all started when James was in second grade. He met a new kid named Tom and they quickly became fiends. They remained cronies until eighth grade, when one day Tom avoided James and wouldn’t talk to him. James didn’t know it but Tom thought that James thought that he was better then Tom. James got better grades, had more friends and everybody liked him. James didn’t think of himself as better than anyone else, but Tom thought he did. From that day on, Tom hated James with unflagging passion. This hatred was kept in the following years. As adults, James became a top-rate FBI agent and Tom became an anonymous villain. Tom had tried many times to destroy James, but to no avail. He had even sent James plummeting to his death over a cliff, but James managed to save himself, which was a cryptic mystery to Tom. One day, Tom went on TV and proclaimed his enmity towards James. He also called for a meeting between him and James in his secret lair, which he faxed the directions for to James. James sent a proxy to the meeting, just in case, and they recorded everything Tom said. Later that night, when James heard what Tom said, he was very surprised. This was Tom’s message.


“James, I know when we were younger, we were good friends, and I know that when I left you, you were hurt and surprised, because you didn’t know why I had nullified our friendship. The reason was that you had always been better than me at everything and I thought you would rub it in my face and try to show you were superior to me. I also hated how my parents always rankled me to be more like you. Now I have finally realized you are nothing like that. So, if you will accept my offer to be friends again, I would be most grateful.”


James was utterly surprised and a little suspicious, but accepted Tom’s offer. What James didn’t know was that Tom was planning something evil. 



Stay tuned to hear to conclusion in Spy Story: Part Two. 

No comments: