Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Peter - Carepage - January 23rd, 2008

Quick update on Mr. Peter Bear....today he weighed in at 15lbs 10.5oz....yeah!!!! just over 5 oz weight gain in 2 weeks!! I can't tell you how relieved I am. I am so thrilled I want to call the feeding company and give them all their equipment back!! Amazing how I can get excited about ounces when I have plenty of pounds I could give Peter. I need someone to invent a way to transfer my unwanted pounds to someone who really needs them! Last night I had a dream that Peter's pulmonary pressures off oxygen were close to normal. It was so nice to wake up with that feeling of things being ok. I know it was just a dream, but it took the edge of the anxiety. Also, knowing that he can gain weight on his own is such a relief. No doubt one day I'll be the nagging mom that says "Don't stuff your face Peter!!" and I'll need you all to remind me of the days when I said "Peter - you need to eat more!!". I gave him a stern look today because he pooped right before his weight check...HELLO!! "Peter - we've talked about this before....no pooping till AFTER the scale - we need to put the odds in our favor!!". Anyway....will keep you posted on little man soon....thank you for all your support & prayers & smiles & virtual hugs!! Blessings!! catherine