Friday, August 10, 2007

Peter - Carepage - August 10th, 2007

COLORADO SPRINGS BUDDY WALK: On Saturday, August 25, the Krause Family will be walking in the Colorado Springs Down Syndrome Assn Buddy Walk to show our support for Peter and the more than 350,000 individuals with Down syndrome in the United States. I have signed up to be a team captain and want to do my part to make sure that each individual is given every opportunity to reach his or her full potential. Every step I take, every dollar I raise, will help ensure that each individual with Down syndrome in the United States will be able to do just that. Last year alone, over $6.5 million dollars was raised nationwide for local and national education, research and advocacy programs. I am asking you to - physically or virtually :-) - Buddy Walk with me to make a difference for Peter and all people with Down syndrome in our community. I know some of you are way too far away, but for those close by, I hope to see you at Buddy Walk 2007! Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Colorado Springs Down Syndrome Association through learning about DS, sponsoring our team, or joining our walking team! ****************************************************************************** Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser: http://buddywalk.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=235058&u=235058-185467992&e=1203001142 ******************************************************************************
PETER UPDATE: Peter continues to grow, and yesterday he turned 3 months!! It is amazing to think of all he has gone through! He broke the 11lb mark this week making 11lb 3oz on Tuesday. He is becoming more conversational each day - and we love hearing all he has to say! All the Krause kids are chatty - but I think Peter might just have us all beat! Peter is still struggling with his feedings, but we are seeing some improvements...yeah Peter. The Speech Pathologist is coming on Thursday at 7:20am (way early!) to further evaluate Peter, help us with his feedings, and get him prepared for solids. We are very excited to have her help! HUGS to all! catherine